Friday, January 25, 2013

And Now For Something Completely Different

Before I share my final Guest Designer post for October Afternoon, I would like to say a BIG Thank You to Jon Flatland and the OA Staff for inviting me to join them this month.  I am still over the moon, to have been given this opportunity and can't say how exciting it was to design with October Afternoon's amazing products.

Now, on to the great OA products!  I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things to see on a Manufacturers Blog, is when one of the DT members uses a collection out of context.  Say for example, taking a Christmas line and using it to create an everyday page.  So when I say all of the goodies in the Midway collection, I just knew I had to take the Fair/Carnival themed line and use it in a totally different way.  I have two layouts today, that both use the Midway collection out of context. 

First up, is a layout using the Midway collection for a Halloween themed layout.  Yes, you heard that right!  If you check out all of the patterned papers in this line, there is such a great range of color, and I pulled out patterns that used the colors Yellow, Green, Orange, Teal, Black, and Gray...perfect for creating a Halloween layout!


I really had a lot of fun working out the patterns/colors and embellishments for this page.  And one of my favorite things, was stamping with the Pie Chart from the Midway Rubber Stamps set.  Before getting started, I cut out three circles on my background page, measuring a little over 2 inches.  Then I stamped three of the Pie Charts, using Black ink and adhered them to the backside of the page.  I embellished each of the circles, by punching the smaller Pie Chart shapes from the patterned paper and added buttons and brads to the center.


  
To add some interest to the journaling area, next to my photo, I layered several bits from the Tidbits pack, the Doo-Dads pack, the Journal Cards pack, and one of the Tin Pins.  I also decided to again, sneak in the October Afternoon logo from the bottom of the patterned paper, by making a fun little flag.  I finished off my layout, by cutting the title for the page on my Cameo with Black cardstock and searched around in my stash for some google eyes, just for a little extra fun!


 

For the second layout, I decided to take an everyday approach, with the Midway line.  Just in case you're wondering, the Carousel patterned paper is one of my favorites from this line.  I LOVE both patterns...the great Bokeh look and the Orange diagonal stripe on the B side!!  I knew the Bokeh pattern would work well with this layout, because the Brown picked up the Brown from my photos and the Bokeh pattern allowed me to bring in all of the other colors from the line. 


I used some of the 12x12 sheets for the longer border strips and I have loved the 8x8 pad that comes with this line.  It is great for those elements, when you don't want to cut into a full 12x12 sheet.  I used some small pieces from the 8x8 pack, to back the title letters cut from the White cardstock.


I completed the final touches for this layout, using some of the brads, buttons, a few of the stickers, and a Tin Pin.  I also cut two of the sentiments from the Washi Tape and backed them with the diagonal Orange stripe from the Carousel paper.  I also had some of the Sprinkles that come along with the Midway collection, so I removed the nozzle from the Token and Pink Balloon Sprinkles and tapped it over my page, to give a splattered mist look over the White cardstock.



I hope you have enjoyed seeing my work this month, as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you!!  I can't believe the month flew by so fast, but I still have plenty of the OA Farm Girl and Midway goodies to continue using on my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment