Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Get It Scrapped! - Triple Threat

***Blog Posts at Get It Scrapped, were put on hold last week, because of some issues that Debbie had to attend to in her community.  Posts have been rescheduled and I am catching up on layouts that have been revealed at Get It Scrapped, but have not been shared on my Blog yet.  I will have 3 layouts in this post today, for Get It Scrapped.***

If you are like me, you probably take a lot of photos of the same thing...annual events, funny things your kids do, movies you've seen, books you've read, pets, food, etc.  It can get a little monotonous doing a layout for each individual photo that relates to another...so how about doing a Round Up layout.  Basically, it gives you the opportunity to create a layout and include those photos all in once place.  One of the things I LOVE to take photos of, is flowers.  They are perfect subjects...they are gorgeous, already posed, don't move, and never make silly faces, cry, or talk back!!  :)  So, needless to say, I have accumulated a ton of flower photos, and I thought this assignment would be a perfect way to showcase them on one layout.





I have to say I was also pretty excited about this layout, because it was the first time I got a chance to use that awesome chevron background on my Cameo.  I took inspiration from my scrappy friend Lynette Jacobs and also from Piradee Talvanna.  They both did beautiful layouts using this same background and it was one of the reasons I just had to have a Cameo!!  :)  And I'm sure it will show up on future layouts!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Thickers:  American Crafts; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Envelope & Washi Tape:  Recollections:  Brads:  The Paper Studio

_________________________________________________

Have you ever thought about Scrapbooking your Goals...Scrapbook related (achieved or planned) or just your goals in general?  Get It Scrapped is sharing some great ideas for Scrapbooking your goals, and here is my take on the assignment.






 

I decided to use screen shot photos, to create a layout documenting my Scrapbooking goals.  I recently had a layout as the Featured Project at Two Peas in a Bucket and knew I wanted to use the screen shot from their page to create a layout that documented reaching this goal.  I decided to combine this accomplishment, with the other goals I have acheived along the way.  If you are planning to create a similar page, documenting achieved goals or the goals you want to achieve, you may want to use list journaling, hidden journaling, or pocket/envelope journaling, since the writing could get pretty lengthy.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Amy Tangerine & Pink Paislee; Bits & Envelope:  Amy Tangerine; Spray Mist:  Studio Calcio; Font:  Arial Black; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Stickers:  October Afternoon; Other:  Staples

____________________________________________________

It's always fun to look to home decor and fashion for trends to use in your Scrapbooking.  Stripes + punchy florals, are making impacts in the decorating world and today, we are sharing some Creative Team layouts featuring this trend.






We made a visit to the Pumpkin Patch this year and I knew I wanted to use a dark wood grain background with these photos.  The page needed a punch of color and pattern to balance out the heavy wood grain, so I thought the stripe and floral trend would work well with the wood grain and Fall photos.  I love the linear contrast of the stripes mixed with the random pattern of the floral pattern.  I chose to work with a coordinated paper line for this layout, so the colors from the floral and stripe worked well together.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Simple Stories; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Leaves:  Amy Tangerine; Pearls:  Kaisercraft; DIY Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Abadi Condensed MT & Eurostyle; Button:  Stampin Up; Other:  Tag & Embroidery Floss

 


No comments:

Post a Comment