Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Play

Hope you all had a great weekend...and that maybe you are getting an extra day today, for the MLK holiday!!  I am stopping in, to share another layout using the January Kit from Artful Delight.  I decided to step "out of the box" on this layout.  This month's Kit features a lot of great love themed papers that are perfect for your Valentine's Day and love photos.  But I thought it would be fun, to see how the papers and embellishments could be used for an every day layout.



 
I grabbed the Woodland Park papers from October Afternoon and used the Green patterned paper as a border around my layout.  Then I fussy cut some of the pretty flowers and scattered them below my photos.  I love the cute paper clip birds that are included in this Kit and one of them made a perfect embellishment for this layout.  I used one of the BoBunny brads to attach the bird to the layout.

So here's a fun little challenge for you...next time you purchase a Kit or themed collection, figure out fun ways to use it outside of the theme.  I bet you will be surprised by what you come up with.

_________________________________________________________

On another note, I would like to ask for prayers for a family in our church.  About five minutes after we sat down in our class yesterday morning, we found out the Davis family's 24 year old son had been killed the night before.  Cade was such a sweet guy and my husband, Tyler, and I taught him in our College class around a year or so ago.  He was one of those people, that you just instantly liked.  His parents have another College age daughter, so please remember Jeremy, LaDonna, and Katelyn as they deal with the loss of Cade.

I also wanted to share this photo that I took yesterday.  The photo prompt for the Photo a Day was "something you saw".  I thought the sun over the church Steeple was a sight for sore eyes, because it has been so dreary around here for a while.  Once we were inside the church and found out the news about Cade, the meaning of the photo took on a little bit of a different meaning.  It reminded me that no matter what comes our way, God is still in control...even when we don't understand what is going on.  And I decided to print it out, and send it to the family in a sympathy card, as a reminder that their church family was all under that roof lifting them up in prayer during one of their hardest struggles.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment