Thursday, January 17, 2013

Doughnut Run

Get It Scrapped! had a great article go up yesterday, with ideas for using Doilies on your layouts.  Have you tried the Doily trend?  I've used them several times and really love the look they add to my pages.  Here is how I decided to incorporate them for our assignment at Get It Scrapped!:

When I think of Doilies, it reminds me of Diners and Coffee shops...just that touch of nostalgia from using them under coffee/tea cups or under your desserts.  I knew they would be a perfect accent, for a page of our kids' first visit to Krispy Kreme.  I like to use them on my layouts, as a way to highlight my title.  So for this page, I used part of a doily under my photos as a base for the title.  Then I was able to use the "extra" piece at the top of my photo strip.  I also added one more doily behind the focal photo on my layout, to create a visual triangle around the photos and title.  If you don't have any store bought doilies on hand, you could use an Electronic Die cut machine to cut your own or use Edger scissors (that cut different edges in your papers) on the outside edges of a coffee filter to get the same effect.




Even though, you've seen plenty of layouts lately, where I've used my Cameo...this is the first page, that I officially used it on.  I was in the process of working on this layout, when my machine arrived, and I figured that I might as well break it out and see how it works!  I used it to cut the word Doughnut for my title and couldn't believe, that it was able to make such intricate cuts.  I also used it for the circle design on my page.

If you are looking for more ideas on how to use Doilies on your pages, make sure you come over to Get It Scrapped! and see how the other Creative Team members took on this assignment.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Wood Veneers, & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Thickers:  Pebbles; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Flair Button:  Boscie Joscie; Buttons:  Stampin' Up; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Punch:  EK Success; Doilies:  Hobby Lobby


No comments:

Post a Comment