Friday, December 14, 2012

Fish Food

Get It Scrapped! has been sharing some great articles this week.  I hope you will head over this weekend, when you have some free time to check them out.   One of the articles posted yesterday, shares Ideas for Scrapbooking your Baking and Cooking Traditions.  I am sure we all have some of those kind of traditions during this time of the year.  My layout focused on cooking in general, not just holiday cooking.  I have always been a picky eater, but have "expanded my horizons" over the last 10-15 years.  The layout I created, shares the story of learning to love seafood and even getting brave, by deciding to cook fish at home...something I thought I would never do.



 
I wanted to create a layout, telling the story of my dislike for seafood in my earlier days, but shifting to loving it and cooking it once I reached my mid 20's.  The photos I selected are of two of the different types of fish that I enjoy cooking.  I used my phone to snap a quick photo of each of the dishes before sitting down to eat dinner.  I have found that using my phone for photos and uploading to Instagram, makes it quick and easy to have access to daily photos.  I decided I didn't want to use theme papers or embellishments to go along with the theme of my photos.  So, I chose a collection, that could be used for every day photos and repeated the "home/house" pattern, to reference that I enjoy cooking these meals at home.

If you would like more ideas on scrapbooking baking and cooking, make sure you check out what the other Creative Team members did at Get It Scrapped!
 
Supplies - Cardstock:  DCWV; Patterned Paper, Thickers, Bits & Flair Amy Tangerine; Thickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Punch:  Anna Griffn; Other:  Embroidery Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment