Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Putting Together a Patchwork

Nope, I haven't started sewing...that would definitely be a nightmare for me and any material involved!!  But did you know, that you can create a Patchwork effect on your paper crafts?  That's exactly what today's article is all about, at Get It Scrapped!  Patchwork styles are trendy in fashion and home décor, so let's take a look at how we can incorporate it into the crafty world.




Fall is my favorite season of the year and I love driving around and snapping photos that capture the season.  To create the patchwork look at the bottom of my page, I cut rectangles at 1 in. x 2 in.  Then I placed the first rectangle on the page at a diagonal angle and worked from there, in adding all of the other pieces for the pattern.  I left the rectangles unfilled, because I wanted the patterned papers to be visible, but I did add some stitching around several of the shapes.  When I think of patchwork, comforting and homey are words that come to mind.  I thought this pattern would work perfectly with my photos, because those are the same feelings that Fall brings home for me.

Supplies - Patterned Paper & Mister Huey's Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Buttons:  Stampin' Up; Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Brush Script; Modeling Paste:  Liquitex; Mask: The Crafter's Workshop; Other:  Embroidery Floss


No comments:

Post a Comment