Monday, December 17, 2012

Naughty or Nice?!

Can you believe, that Christmas Eve is a week away!  WOW!!  We've been able to do a lot of fun stuff so far this month, like going to parades, visiting Santa, going to Christmas parties and being with family.  So needless to say, I have a lot of Christmas photos just waiting to go on layouts.  That's why I was so happy to receive the December Kit from Artful Delight.  It has been perfect for getting all of my Christmas photos scrapped.

The photos on this layout, are of me with Santa...yep, you heard right!  :)  Believe it or not, I ran into Santa and Mrs. Claus in the checkout line at Wal-Mart...I guess it's true, that everybody shops at Wal-Mart!!  :)  I asked if I could take their photo together, to show the kids when I got home and they kindly agreed.  Mrs. Claus asked if I would like to get my picture taken with Santa and I said YES, of course!!  Such a fun experience to end my day of Christmas shopping!!





When I started working on this layout, I really struggled with the page design.  I took it in several different directions and didn't like any of them.  I even cut out a background on the Cameo and decided I didn't like that either, so I just stuck it back in with my kit and decided to save it for later.  Once I moved the photos to the top of the page, I realized I could use the banner punch out pieces from the Fancy Pants Home for the Holidays collection.  And once I got that part of the basic design set up, the rest of the page came together quickly.

I hope you are snapping lots of photos this month, to use for your Christmas layouts!  And don't be overwhelmed by all of the holiday photos...just scrap them when you can and however you want.  Remember, there are no rules in Scrapbooking!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment