Friday, December 28, 2012

My 2012 Year In Review!

It's almost that time again...time to greet a new year!  We just celebrated a 5 year old birthday for our middle daughter yesterday, I will be turning 38 on January 6th, and our oldest will be turning 7 at the end of January!  Lots of fun stuff going on already as we approach 2013.  But as we look forward to the new year, it's always fun to look back over the passing year.  As I've looked through my work for this past year, I think I've finally found the style that I am comfortable with on my layouts.  It has taken 7 years of scraplifiting, using sketches, looking for inspiration, and finally figuring out how to design my own layouts and get just the "look" that I want.  So, I actually have 13 layouts to share, from this past year.  I chose one from each month, that was a favorite and then added in an extra for December...because I just had to have a Christmas layout in here too!!  :)  Here are my top picks from this past year:
 








 




I also had a lot of scrappy success this year, with several layouts published in Creating Keepsakes magazine and made some new Design Teams...Get It Scrapped, Love My Tapes, Creative Scrappers, ScrapFIT, and Artful Delight.  I have been so thankful for the chances to be published and join the different DT's, because it has given me the opportunity to make so many new scrappy friends.  I consider that to be one of the biggest perks of joining a DT!!  So much creativity and there are so many Ladies on these Teams, that I would not have "met", had I not made the Teams.  :)

And of course, I have to mention my favorite lines/collections from this past year...most of them are on the layouts in this post!!  :)  In no particular order:

Amy Tangerine:  SketchBook and Ready.Set.Go
Echo Park:  Everyday Eclectic
October Afternoon:  Witch Hazel & Midway
Studio Calico:  Yearbook
Crate Paper:  Story Teller
Simple Stories:  Harvest Lane

How is your 2013 shaping up?  Do you have any goals or resolutions you are looking forward to?  I am not one for making resolutions and I don't feel like I have any specific goals that I am striving for this year.  I have been so blessed to attain a lot of those goals in 2012 and I am mainly looking forward to continuing to be creative in 2013.  I don't want to get "writer's block" so to speak and lose that spark of creativity.  I may not serve on some of the Teams I am on now and I may join new ones in 2013...who knows, but I still want to be inspired and have fun getting my memories on paper and in my albums!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment