Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Merry Makers

I love working on holiday layouts, while that holiday is actually taking place!  It's just more fun to do your Halloween layouts during Halloween, your Christmas layouts during Christmas, your Easter layouts during Easter...well, you get the idea!!  :)  With so much going on during Christmas, I've already had plenty of layouts to work on.  And I decided to do a Christmas layout for Step Class #11, this month at ScrapFIT.  This month's class, is to create a Pretty Poinsettia.  Here is the layout I created and the steps I used, for creating the Poinsettia:





Putting the Poinsettia together:


1.  I started out, by cutting the pattern for my Poinsettia.  If you have a Cameo, this Poinsettia cut file is available in the Silhouette shop.  If you don't have access to a die cut machine, you could print out a Poinsettia pattern and trace and cut out your pieces.  And if you don't have access to printing a pattern, just go old school and hand draw your Poinsettia and cut it out.


2.  Take the smallest piece for your Poinsettia and add some stitching down the center of each of the Petals.  Then use adhesive around the edges of the Petals and Leaves to add a little shine, with some Glitter.


3.  Layer all of your pieces together and finish off the center.  I used Pearls from Kaisercraft, but you could also use a brad, button, or whatever you have on hand

I would love for you to play along with this month's Step Class at ScrapFIT!  You could be featured in our FITGirl Spotlight, so come over and play along with us!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper:  Echo Park, Studio Calico, & October Afternoon; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Glitter:  Stampendous; Pearls:  Kaisercraft; Envelope:  K&Company; Thickers, Brads & Snowflake Stickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Poinsettia Die Cut:  Silhouette; Flair Button:  Bossy Joscie


No comments:

Post a Comment