Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | I Am Iron Man

Yesterday, Get It Scrapped! shared a new article, 6 Creative Techniques for Scrapbooking with Plaid Patterned Paper.  Plaid is big in fashion, as well as scrapbooking, and I am sure you have some Plaid patterns in your scrapbook supplies!  Here is the layout I created, mixing two different Plaid patterns, with a diamond shaped cut file.



 
One of our son's Christmas presents from the grandparents, was an Iron Man mask, which he immediately loved!  Instead of taking a superhero route with the look on this page, I thought I would use the Plaid patterns to create a masculine look.  I wanted to pair my plaid patterns with a popular shape or cut file, so I found a diamond pattern in the Silhouette store and cut it out of the Plaid patterned paper.  I also wanted to work with a contrasting Plaid, so I chose a different Plaid pattern and used it to cut smaller diamond shapes, that I placed in the center of the larger shapes.  I chose my second contrasting pattern, by picking a patterned paper that had a different size Plaid, but it worked well, because the Teal color carried over into both of my Plaid patterns.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Carta Bella; Patterned Paper:  Jillibean Soup, American Crafts & Elle's Studio; Thickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Washi Tape:  Recollections; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO

No comments:

Post a Comment