Friday, February 28, 2014

Silhouette | Just the Way You Are

Today, I'm stopping in to share a layout that was featured on the Silhouette Blog yesterday.  I wanted to create a soft look on the layout, by coordinating my paper product choice and my Silhouette shapes.  A die cut butterfly background was what I had in mind, so I searched the Silhouette Store for the perfect shape and found just the right one.  I arranged the butterflies in Silhouette Studio and used the same shape, but just changed the size of the butterfly, to give my background some variation.




Once the background finished cutting, I chose two different patterned papers to place behind some of the butterfly shapes.  And I even got my daughter involved, by letting her add the patterned papers behind the shapes.  She loves to do her own scrapbook layouts and help mommy anytime she has a chance.  She had a great time adding the adhesive around the shapes and placing the paper just right over the butterflies.



After we had the background finished, I added my photo, embellishments and title.  I also wanted to add some softness around my photo, so I cut a Polaroid frame from the Silhouette Store, using the new Vellum that Silhouette has available.  It cut perfectly and I attached the frame to my photo, using a tiny attacher.

I hope you found some inspiration for creating your own background, and you can also find a lot of pre-made background cuts in the Silhouette Store!  Make sure you stop by and check them out or look for shapes to create your own custom background!

Shapes:

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Thickers, Tag, Fabric Bow, Date Stamp, Stickers, & Enamel Dots:  American Crafts; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Phrase Stickers & Wood Veneer:  Studio Calico; Punch:  Anna Griffin; Vellum, Shapes, & Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO


No comments:

Post a Comment