Friday, February 7, 2014

Silhouette | A Whole Lotta Love

It’s been great playing with each of the new products that are coming soon from Silhouette and finding fun ways to use them on projects.  Today, I have a tutorial using the Stencil Material showing how you can use it to create your own stitching templates.  It’s amazing how many different ways you can use the same product!




I started out, by designing my layout in Silhouette Studio.

Picture1

Once I had my design in place, I knew I wanted to take away the center hearts on the border, so I ungrouped and released the compound path.  Then I just deleted the center of each heart.  I wanted to cut the heart border with the Adhesive Washi Sheets, but I didn’t want it to be transparent on my layout.  So, I layered the Washi pattern over White cardstock and sent it through the CAMEO on the Textured Cardstock setting.

Picture2

After the heart border was cut and ready, I cut the word Love on the Stencil Material, selecting the Stencil setting in Silhouette Studio.  When it finished cutting, I placed it on my layout, where I wanted to stitch the word Love.

Picture3

When you have your Stencil Material in place, gently press it to keep it in place on your paper.  Then you can use a pencil to trace around the cut letters.

Picture4

Now you can take a paper piercer and go along the penciled word to make your stitching holes.  Then just choose the color thread you would like to use and stitch along your letters.

Picture5

Don’t you love the idea of creating your own individual stitching templates from shapes in the Silhouette Store??!!  And the great thing is, that they are reusable, and you can even use the Stencil for misting, painting or modeling paste!  The ideas are endless!!

Shapes:

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Shapes, Adhesive Washi Sheets, Stencil Material, Adhesive Backed Cardstock & CAMEO:  Silhouette; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; 

No comments:

Post a Comment