Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Frozen Fun & Be Mine Card

This is my last post using the January 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I love that I was able to create so many different looks with this Kit!  So let's get right to my layout!!




I loved the diagonal pattern on the Crate Paper Teal wood grain paper in the January kit.  It gave me the idea to step out of my comfort zone, and design my photos and title on a diagonal.  Once my photos were in place, I added some strips of washi tape and patterned paper above and below them.  The color of the Cherish Thickers worked perfectly for the Frozen theme of my page.  I also used my CAMEO to cut a few snowflakes to add a frosty feel to my page.  Once my page was finished, I took some White acrylic paint and used my finger to smudge it around the photo and title area, to help blend some of the background color out.



The Crate Paper Stand Outs in the January Kit, make awesome embellishments.  I thought the Be Mine Stand Out would be perfect for the front of a card.  I gently removed the bottom layer of the Stand Out, so it only included the pleated piece and sentiment.  I added a die cut view master behind the Stand Out, which I cut from the Kraft cardstock included in the Kit.  And I thought it would be fun to finish it off, with one of the positive shaped hearts adhered to a tooth pick and tucked behind the Stand Out.

With the January Kits coming to a close, don't forget that the new Creative Team will start sharing projects with the February 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits coming up soon!  You won't want to miss them! Make sure you stop by the Hip Kit Club website to check out all of the info!

And before I go, I wanted to share a Sketch with you.  The Sweet Smiles layout I shared last week, was created using this Sketch, and I thought I would share it for those of you who might like to use it!  Enjoy!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment