Friday, February 21, 2014

Silhouette | My Life Everyday

Earlier this week, I had a new layout on the Silhouette Blog.  I had the chance to use some of the new Corrugated Paper and it is so fun!  I love the way it cut and the little touch of texture it added to my page, without adding a lot of bulk!




I spotted this cute welded hearts design, when I was looking through the Popular Designs in the Silhouette Store.  I thought it would be perfect for a background element on my page, and I wanted to layer something behind the open heart shapes.  The Adhesive Corrugated Paper worked perfectly for this.  Once I cut the hearts design, I ungrouped and released the compound path for the shape, and removed all of the individual hearts.  This left me with only the outlined edge, which I cut using the Corrugated Cardboard.  The setting for your blade is 8, and I didn’t have any trouble at all on my cut.  After the outline cut, I added adhesive to my heart die cut and placed it over the outline piece.  The back side of the Corrugated Cardboard already has adhesive, so it is ready to place on  your project right after cutting!

If you are looking for something new to use with your CAMEO, then I definitely recommend the Corrugated Paper!  It's available now and you can pick it up in the Silhouette America Shop!

Shapes:

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park My Life Collection Kit; CAMEO, Shapes, & Corrugated Paper:  Silhouette America; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Flair Button:  Studio Calico


No comments:

Post a Comment