Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Bit "Off"

That could be the understatement of the year, but we aren't here to talk about me, just my layout for Get It Scrapped!  :)  Today's article focuses on Off the Edge with Clusters and Bits.  I'm sure most of us use clusters on our pages, but have you ever thought about placing them where they are "bleeding" off the edge of your page?  Let's take a look at how I used this technique on my layout:





 
I really wanted a cute photo of all three kids together for Valentine's Day this year, and actually managed to accomplish it...it's definitely not an easy task!!  I used Off the Edge clusters, to create a visual triangle on my layout, to guide your eye around the page.  This offered plenty of space for clustering elements on my layout, while still showcasing the photo and mix of patterned papers.  And the Off the Edge clusters are fun for mixing and layering lots of little bits like doilies, buttons, twine, Washi Tape, Flair Buttons, etc.

Supplies - Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper; Flair Buttons:  Ormolu; Clothespin:  Amy Tangerine; Buttons & Thickers:  American Crafts:  Washi Tape:  Prima Marketing; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery;  Stamps:  Teresa Collins. Ink:  Stampin' Up; Doilies:  Hobby Lobby; Font:  Pacifico


No comments:

Post a Comment