Monday, April 15, 2013

Going Glitz!

I can't say how much I love the April Kit from Artful Delight!  It has two of my most favorite collections from W-CHA...Color Me Happy from Glitz Design and Lucky Charm from Dear Lizzy!  And this month's Kit is packed!!  For today's layout, I used the Glitz paper and then mixed in some of the Lucky Charm bits and a couple of the Maya Road embellishments.






I cut the center from the Stripes Glitz Paper and used it as a frame around the Wood Grain.  I really love the contrast of the colored stripes against the dark brown.  And I also mixed in some of the cute Heidi Swapp Memory File Acrylic Stamps from the Kit.  I stamped on one of the patterned papers and fussy cut around the image.  I added just a few extras to this one...Studio Calico Wood Veneer Stars, Flair from a flair for buttons, and a little Recollections button.

And I also thought I would play along with the newest Sketch, that Kristine has up on the Creative Scrappers site.  Even though CS is taking a little break right now, Kristine is still offering up challenges once a month and I loved the Sketch she had posted for this month.  It's one of the sketches featured in her newest Sketch Book, Creating with Sketches Volume 2.  


I stayed very close to the Sketch, because I loved the design so much.  And I tend not to embellish as much on our son's pages, as I do on the girls'.  This is actually quite minimalist for me...and I actually left some white space on this one!!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll be back this week to share several more projects with you!  And make sure you stop by and visit Let's Get Sketchy!  There's a new Sketch up for this week, and we would love for you to come play along!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment