Thursday, April 18, 2013

You Might Want to Sit Down for this One!! :)

I am back today, with another layout for Get It Scrapped!, and just to prepare you ahead of time...my layout is Project Life Inspired and it's an 8.5x11!!  Sorry for so much shocking news, just in the first sentence!!  :)  Yes, I do avoid PL, because it just scares me, and I think I attempted several 8.5x11 layouts about 5 years ago, but you know I am a 12x12 fanatic.

If you are like me and are just a little bit terrified by the idea of Project Life, why not still play around with it as inspiration for your next layout??!!  Setting up a PL design creates a fun grid for your page and makes it quick and easy to finish a layout.





No matter how many times we visit Disney World, we still have to always stop for photos with the characters.  The Project Life composition worked great for this layout.  I was able to include 3 photos on an 8.5x11 page format and still have plenty of room for embellishing and using multiple patterned papers.  This format would work well for those who like to journal a lot on their pages.  Just add your photos and use tags or paper beside them and add your story for each photo.

Using the PL approach, also helps to conserve those patterned papers you just aren't willing to use full sheets of.  You can add small amounts of your patterned paper and still have plenty left over for other layouts and projects.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Wood Veneer, Paper Clip & Mask:  Studio Calico; Washi Tape;  Glitz Design; Flair Buttons:  The Paper Bakery; Letter Stickers:  Jillbean Soup; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold
 

No comments:

Post a Comment