Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

...to quote one of my favorite Duck Dynasty men, Phil Roberston!  And I have two layouts to share today, that make me happy because, of the fun, bright colors!  My first page is for Artful Delight, using the April Kit.  




 
I wanted to try out a Rainbow effect on this layout, and decided to create my Rainbow look using hearts cut from the Silhouette Cameo.  I cut a curved shape out of cardstock and traced a faint pencil line, onto my White background cardstock.  The 5 larger hearts starting at the top of the page, were cut at 2 inches, and the 4 smaller hearts were cut at 1.5 inches.  I arranged the top and bottom center points of the heart shapes to match up along my pencil line.  After putting all of the hearts in place, I went back and adding stitching in alternating colors.  I added one little extra, not included in the Kit, and that is the cute Flair Button from PandaEight Designs.

My second layout, is for our new reveal today, at Let's Get Sketchy!  I used some of the new Amy Tan Yes, Please collection and My Girl collection from American Crafts on this layout!!






I loved the bright colors, to go along with our Easter Egg Dyeing photos.  And I liked the fact that both of these lines are out of context with Easter, but they still worked with the theme of my page.  I used my Cameo to cut the large circle shape for the background and added some smaller circles and stitching around the large circle.

If you would like to play along with this week's Sketch, make sure you link up on the Let's Get Sketchy Blog!

Supplies Used:  Patterned Paper, Details, BIts, Clothespin, Flair Button, Thickers:  Amy Tangerine & American Crafts:  Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Washi Tape:  Bella Blvd.;  Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico & Freckled Fawn  



No comments:

Post a Comment