Friday, April 19, 2013

The BIG Picture!

I had a little down time on DT assignments, and found a fun challenge on the Elle's Studio Blog yesterday!.  The challenge??...Use a large photo on your layout.  I have to admit, that I don't do this very often.  My photos are usually around 4 inches or less, so it was fun to go for a larger size photo.  Here's my take on the challenge:




 
This photo is somewhere between 5x7 and 6x8.  I started it at 5x7, but made it just a tad larger.  I used a mix of the You and Me and Day to Day collections from Elle's Studio.  I love it when you can mix collections together and they coordinate so well!  And, I even used some of the Elle's Studio packaging!!  The little Pink scalloped border above my photo, was cut from the paper backing in one of the tag packages.

And speaking of challenges at Elle's Studio... I also found out yesterday, that the Elle's Team used one of my recent layouts, Sweet Dreams, as inspiration for their newest Sketch Challenge.  So very exciting.  If you would like to play along, make sure you stop by and check it out HERE.


Thanks for stopping in today, and make sure to check back tomorrow!!  I'll be sharing some projects and a new layout for The Paper Bakery, using the April Kit, Lemonade Stand!!

Supplies Used:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Stamps:  Elle's Studio; Flair Buttons:  The Paper Bakery; Punch:  EK Success; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico;  Stamp:  Dear Lizzy; Thickers:  American Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment