Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Merge Lane

You're probably thinking "what in the world does merging have to do with Scrapbooking?'.  Well, if you check out Get It Scrapped! today, we are sharing an article for Merging your Title and Journaling on a layout.  Here is how I used the technique on my layout:







 

In the South, Spring usually comes a little early and this year, I found some beautiful Tulips blooming in February.  I used the Merge Title & Journaling technique on this page, by starting my journaling and using part of the wording as my title.  To make the title stand out from the rest of the hand-written jouranling, I used Thickers, which were in a larger Font and different color.

I also used the "comeback kid", as I like to call it, on this layout...Vellum.  Vellum was really popular several year back, but kind of went away for a little while.  It has been popping up again and I used my Cameo to cut some of the butterfly shapes in Vellum, along with the patterned paper.  Then I embossed them with the Sizzix Big Shot and added them over the butterflies cut from the Dear Lizzy paper.

Supplies Used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper:  Dear Lizzy; Thickers & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Doily:  Hobby Lobby; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Vellum:  Fymark; Washi Tape:  Freckled Fawn & Recollections; Other:  Staples, Paper Clip, & Shipping Tag
 

No comments:

Post a Comment