Thursday, September 12, 2013

American Crafts Design Team Post

***If you are looking for the American Crafts Blog Hop, please go HERE.***

Yesterday, was my very first post on the American Crafts Blog, and I shared a little about myself and two new layouts.  So many of you stopped by to leave some love, and I just wanted to say Thank You to my awesome scrappy friends!!  I wanted to share those layouts with you today, in case you missed the AC post yesterday.

Seashells by the Seashore

 



I used a lot of the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection for this layout and my 6x6 paper pad came in handy for this one.  I pulled colors from the collection that coordinated with our daughter's swimsuit.  The sunburst was easy to create, by cutting angled strips and then placing them apart from a center point behind my photo.  And I also used a little of the White Zazz Glitter Glue, to add a touch of sparkle to the edges of my Cameo cut waves.

Solo Lunch Date





For this layout, I used a mix of 5th & Frolic, Soho Garden, and Amy Tan Yes, Please.  I love how well the different AC lines coordinate together.  I wanted to use my Cameo to create a custom look for this layout, so I used the 5th & Frolic Triangle patterned paper as inspiration for my page.  I used the positive and negative Triangle shapes to create a fun design for my page and added some of the patterned papers and Amy Tan bits behind the shapes.  And I wanted to add some interest to my title, so I used the Amy Tan stitching templates for the word Solo, which added a pop of color and texture.

I am still floating on Cloud 9 to be a part of the American Crafts Team, and I'm looking forward to sharing more with you!  Soon I'll be sharing a layout using the new Cut & Paste collection from Amy Tan, and I'll be creating projects for October using this collection, as well as the Polk Dot Party collection from Dear Lizzy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment