Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CK Pubs September/October 2013

The Top 10 issue of Creating Keepsakes has been out on shelves, and I wanted to share two of the layouts that were published in this issue.  The first is a double page layout, that was included in the Top 10 Tools article.  I received the Martha Stewart Circle Edge Punch Starter Kit, to feature on my layout.




I decided to use the punch to create several different sized doily shapes to layer behind my photos.  I loved the way they looked on my page, but thought they needed a little something extra, so I stitched around three of them to add some texture to my page.

My second layout was a part of the Title Techniques article, which wasn't included in the print issue, but is available in the full digital issue.





When I saw the call for this article, I knew this one was right up my alley, because I love creating fun titles for my layouts.  I loved this quote from Helen Keller and I had been wanting to use it on a page, but just didn't have the right fit.  But it all came together for this layout and I used a mix of Thickers, wood veneer, letters, Cameo cut words, and mini market stickers to create the title for my page.  And here's a little tip:  If you are out of letter stickers or Thickers you may need to complete a word, don't be afraid to pull those letters from a different font, style or color.  It adds a fun and unique look to your title and layout!



No comments:

Post a Comment