I have had a chance to look through the issue and there are so many great ideas for using different mediums, colors, fabric, items around the house and much more. I created two layouts for the Around the House article and would like to share one of those with you today.
(as seen in the Mixed Media Scrapbooking Volume 2 Special Issue. Posted with prior permission by the Creative Crafts group. )
Unfortunately, there was a printing mishap with this layout, in the issue, so I wanted to share this one with you, so you could see the full layout. I used Mixed Media in several ways on this layout:
1. To create the circles on my layout, I used a paper towel roll dipped in acrylic paint and stamped the circles on my background paper.
2. I covered White cardstock with aluminum foil and cut out heart shapes on my Cameo, to make some of the hearts for the border across my layout.
3. I splattered small touches of Spray Mist across both pages.
Don't be afraid to look for items around your house or items out of the norm, that you wouldn't always immediately think of, to use on your layouts. This is a great way to give your layouts a one of a kind, custom look.
We have some more Ladies, sharing their work from this issue, so make sure you stop by and visit their Blogs!
Ashley Horton <-------- You Are Here.
And before you go, here are some chances for you to win:
1. Make sure you visit the Creating Keepsakes Blog to enter the Contest.
2. You can win your very own issue of Mixed Media Scrapbooking Volume 2. Just leave a comment on this post or become a new follower and let me know you did. I will choose a random winner on Tuesday, September 24. US winners will receive a print copy of the magazine. International winners, you’ll be given a download for a PDF version of the magazine.
Also, if you are looking for more information on this Special Issue, please check out these links:
Mixed Media on CK
Mixed Media in the Online Store
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the Hop!!
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Crate Paper & Pink Paislee; Acrylic Paint: Plaid Enterprises; Spray Mist: Heidi Swapp & Studio Calico; Flag: Elle's Studio; Buttons & Stitched Hearts: Michael's; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Paper Straw: Aardvark Straws; Punch: Anna Griffin; Stickers: American Crafts; Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Washi Tape: Love My Tapes; Other: Aluminum Foil & Paper Towel Roll