Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sweet Tooth

I hope all of my American friends got to enjoy the long holiday weekend!  It feels like it's been so long since my last post, but I have a lot of upcoming layouts to post for the month of September.  I had a little free time this weekend, and thought I would play along with the Sketch Thursday Challenge at Elle's Studio.  I wanted to use some of the awesome papers from the Glitz Design Finnley collection and I had a photo of two of the kids at the Fro-Yo shop that worked perfectly with the colors in this collection.





The Sketch was based on a layout from one of the Elle's DT members, Laurel Seabrook.  I loved the circle design on Laurel's layout and on the sketch, but I altered the design for my page and just used two rows of the circles.  I created some layers behind my photo and used the second photo spot from the Sketch, as my journaling spot.  The small circle tags are from The Sweet Life collection and I added in a few more tags from some of the Lil' Snippets tag sets.

Thanks for stopping by today, and I am excited because at the end of this week, I'll be sharing my first "official" layout as one of the new Design Team members at American Crafts.  And I will also be posting for the first time with Chic Tags on Sunday!  You won't want to miss it, because there will be a fun Sketch for you to play along with!  I hope you will check it out!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment