Thursday, September 26, 2013

Get It Scrapped! Motif: Trellis Pattern

I'm always intrigued by the assignments we have at Get It Scrapped!, because Debbie and Amy are always so on trend with what's going on in the scrappy world.  I always know, when they choose a trend or motif to work with, I will see it popping up here and there in patterns and embellishments.  Yesterday, we shared an article on the Trellis pattern, and yes, it is one that you can see on brand new products right now, including the Cut & Paste collection from My Mind's Eye.

I used my Cameo to create the Trellis pattern on my layout and layered it over a patterned paper.




  
I went out to do a little photo shoot one afternoon and the kids wanted to join in too...they are not shy when it comes to the camera.  My reasoning behind the Trellis pattern, with these photos, is kind of a word reference...a Trellis reminds me of flowers...flowers remind me of gifts for Valentine's Day...and Valentine's Day reminds me of Love, which ties in with the theme of my photos.  I love the open look to the Trellis pattern, that I cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and the fact that it lets a lot of the "love this" text from my pattern paper show through, while still keeping a strong look from the Trellis design.

Make sure you stop by Get It Scrapped!, to see how the Creative Team incorporated the Trellis pattern into their layouts!!


Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Allison Kreft & Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Mask:  The Paper Bakery; Tags:  Elle's Studio & Chic Tags; Button:  October Afternoon; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Pacifico; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Other:  Cocoa Daisy June Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment