Friday, September 27, 2013

Super Friends

Yesterday, I shared a layout on the Chic Tags Blog, using some tags from the Road Trip and Everyday Life II collections.  And I also used some of the fun Free Cut Files that are available in the Chic Tags store.

Our four year old son has really gotten into the whole Super Hero thing over the past several months and one of his favorite action figures is Captain America.  He plays with him around the house, takes him on walks with us, and usually has to sleep with him too!  By some miracle, I managed to get him to stand still for about a second and snapped this cute photo on my phone.  Even though it's not the greatest lighting or background, I knew I had to get this photo on a layout.  Sometimes those are the best pictures for everyday memories.




    
You may notice repeating elements on my page...Circles and Stars!  The circle tags from the Road Trip and Everyday Life II collections worked perfectly for the circle design on my page and also reference Captain America's shield.  I brought the star motif in, by sending the large Road Trip circle tag through my Cameo and cutting a 1 inch star and then backing it with Black Washi Tape.  And the circle/star border that is available in the Chic Tags Store, with the Free Cut Files tied the Circle and Star design all together on my layout.  And I used some Inky Black Mister Huey's on the Studio Calico wood veneers to create the outer circle of my design.

Supplies:  Cardstock & Thickers:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Pebbles Inc., Tags & Cut Files:  Chic Tags; Buttons:  October Afternoon; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist;  Studio Calico; Star Paper Clip:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Washi Tape:  Prima



No comments:

Post a Comment