Monday, May 19, 2014

American Crafts May Gallery | What I Think...

I have taken a "few" photos of our kids over the past 8 years, and I have used every trick in the book to try and get them to smile and look at the camera...at the same time.  Doesn't sound too difficult, right?  But apparently in the realm of children's world, it's next to impossible!  So, one of the new tactics has become, let's take a nice, smiley, everybody looking at the camera photo and then we can do a silly photo and you can go crazy.  This technique was employed for Mother's Day, and I have to say it worked fairly well.  And since I had a nice photo and a silly photo, I thought it would be fun to create a layout with the two photos and the theory of what I think our photos should look like, compared to what they really are without some bribery involved!!  :)



 
I love to mix my American Crafts collections, so I pulled some supplies from the Amy Tangerine Plus One collection and the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection. This was also a great format for using several different Thickers, from some of my favorite packs.  I decided to keep most of my embellishing to a minimum, since the photos and large title were the main focus of my layout.  Once I had my layout finished, I thought it still needed something to separate the large rectangular sections and considered stitching with Black embroidery floss.  But then I thought that the Black Mixtape Washi Tape from the Plus One collection would work just as well and save time on the stitching!

And just a reminder:  You can still play along with my Challenge from the American Crafts NSD 2014 Blog Hop.  Just use Triangles on your layout and leave a link on THIS POST by Friday, May 23rd.  I will announce a winner on Monday, May 26th, and you can also see the prize on the original post!!

Doubles (366808) - Plus One, Dodge Ball (366745) - Daydreamer, Accomplice (366822) - Plus One, Flair (366906) - Plus One, Us (366842) - Remarks, Matte Puffy Accents (366777) - Daydreamer, Enamel Dots (366785) - Daydreamer, Associate (366860) - Dies, Accompany (366856) - Acrylic Stamps, RSVP (366190) - Thickers, Cordial (366188) - Thickers, Cordial (366187) - Thickers, Printshop (331975) - Thickers, Treehouse (366775) - Thickers, Match (36833) - Thickers, Twins (366837) - Thickers, Mixtape (366839) - Washi Tape



 

No comments:

Post a Comment