Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Sunbathers

I love that the Nautical look has become popular and so many companies are creating fun collections, that you can use for a traditional nautical look on your layouts or you can also find ways to work it into layouts with everyday photos and themes.  Get It Scrapped! recently shared an article on Storytelling with a Modern Nautical Style.  My layout used the Nautical styling in the traditional way, to feature a photo of a couple of seagulls hanging out at the beach.




Since we live near the Gulf Coast, you can always be sure you will see Seagulls hanging out any time you are near the water.  I used a mix of Red, Navy, bright Blue, Green and Gold, which are colors that can be found in the Modern Nautical color scheme.  The nautical collection from Fancy Pants and an anchor motif worked well to support the Modern Nautical styling on my layout.  This styling worked well with my photo and the theme of my layout, because it gives you an immediate impression that my layout has something to do with a beach type theme.  

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Frames:  Fancy Pants; Letter Stickers & Stamps:  Chic Tags; Phrase Stamp & Enamel Dots:  October Afternoon; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Cork Arrows:  American Crafts; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment