Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Elle's Studio Sketch Thursday | Snap Click Smile

When I saw the new Sketch Thursday challenge at Elle's Studio, I knew I had to fit it in this week.  The layered colors in the background really caught my eye, and I started thinking about how I could use the different patterned papers from the Everyday Moments collection to re-create the design.  And as soon as I saw the new cut files for May, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the sketch!



 
http://www.shopellesstudio.com/blog/2014/05/sketch-thursday-9.html

The cute scalloped cut file was perfect for cutting the different colored patterned papers and layering them behind my photo.  Before I adhered the scalloped cut file pieces, I sprinkled spray mist in coordinating colors on my background paper.  Once the scallops were in place, I cut tags that matched each color and placed them over the scallop cuts.  I finished the design by adding enamel dots and some stamping.

Thanks for stopping in today!  Hope you're having a great week so far!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Wood Veneers, Stamps, May Cut File:  Elle's Studio; Die Cut FIle:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Ink:  Quick Quotes; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment