Sunday, May 25, 2014

Creative Scrappers Sketch 269 | The Good Life

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  I hope you are enjoying a fun-filled, long weekend with your family as we remember and celebrate those have given their life to bring our freedoms.  Today, we have a new reveal for Creative Scrappers, and this is the last reveal for some of our current Team members and the new Team will begin sharing their layouts starting in June.  Make sure you pop over to the Creative Scrappers Blog, to see what everyone created, based on our Sketch from Kristine Davidson.  The Team from My Creative Scrapbook is joining in the reveal with us today, also!!




 
I have been (im)patiently waiting for the new Cloud 9 collection from Chic Tags to start shipping, and I bought some as soon as it was added to the shop!!  How awesome are those Wood Sequins!!  Had to have those!  I was actually waiting for it to arrive, before I started this Sketch, because I knew the two would be great together!!  I used the same concept for the Sketch, but I condensed my design just a bit.  I stitched around a few of the square shapes, and folded the edges up just a bit to create some texture.  The clouds were fussy cut from the Dreamy patterned paper, and I used them to break up the square design.  The little cluster at the bottom of the grid, was the result of a Spray Mist "incident", but I actually liked that it broke up the grid design.

We would love for you to play along with us and you could win a prize from this month's Sponsor, Noel Mignon!  Just link up your layout based on Sketch 269, and you could also be selected as our Weekly Featured Layout!

http://www.noelmignon.com/


Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Wood Veneers, Wood Sequins & Flair Button:  Chic Tags; Thickers:  American Crafts; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Phrase Stamp:  October Afternoon; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment