Sunday, March 17, 2013

Elle's Studio: Sketch Thursday!

Hi everyone, I am popping in today, to share a layout I did for the Elle's Studio Sketch Thursday challenge.  This was just a for fun layout, using some of the goodies I had left in my March Kit, Soda Shop from The Paper Bakery.  I finished all of my DT work with the Kit, and I still had a lot of goodies to play with.  I really loved the Elle's sketch and since I still had plenty of Elle's papers and Tags from the You and Me and Day to Day collections, I decided to take on the challenge.  AND, in case you missed the announcement, The Paper Bakery and Elle's Studio are teaming up this week March 18th-22nd to bring you lots of inspiration.  So don't miss it!

Here's a look at what I created with the sketch.





I had a lot of fun using this sketch.  I decided to go with a negative set of circles, rather than the positive circles featured on the sketch.  This gave me the opportunity to "decorate" all of the circles, by using the Elle's Studio You and Me Tidbits.  I also added in some of the Custom Flair sets from The Paper Bakery, and a fun stitched element to add some design to the circles and texture to my layout.  I moved the photo from the right hand side of the sketch to the left hand side, to have my daughter facing into the page.  I even added a bit of the Elle's packaging to this page and used the package backing as the mat behind my photo.  Here is a look at the Elle's Studio Sketch:


I'll be back tomorrow, with a new layout using the March Kit from Artful Delight!  I can't believe that March is flying by so fast!!

Products Used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Flair Buttons:  The Paper Bakery; Paper Straw:  Aardvark Paper Straws; Enamel Dots;  My Mind's Eye;  Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Thickers:  American Crafts; Other Paper Clip, Embroidery Floss & Toothpick

No comments:

Post a Comment