Monday, March 25, 2013

The Last One for March!

Today is Monday and it's also the last Monday of the month, so I will be sharing my last layout for this month using the March Artful Delight Kit.  I decided to take a little bit of a different approach with this layout and use a muted color scheme on solid Black cardstock.  I mixed in a few extras, not included in the Kit...vellum, Wood Veneers, Flair Button, Color Shine, and a doily.






Vellum was a pretty big trend a few years back and then it kind of seemed to go away.  It has been making a comeback and I was so excited to get a whole package of the 8.5x11 sheets.  I thought some embossed Vellum circles would add a nice touch to the look of this layout.  And if you have been on the wood veneer bandwagon, you know, that the Wood Veneer Stars from Studio Calico are a precious commodity.  I have managed to build up a sizable stash, so I decided to let go of my hoarding tendencies and pull some out of the box for this page.  I used Heidi Swapp Tinsel Color Shine to spray over the Stars.  And I saw the most fun technique on Studio Calico's Instagram the other day...using the Stars to stamp!  How fun is that??!!  I knew I had to give it a try.  I added some Black Stampin' Up ink to the Stars and just randomly stamped them on my page.  Not all of them were perfectly stamped, but hey, perfectionism is a lost cause in Scrapbooking!  :)  I really liked playing around with this technique, and on top of that I have a few pre-misted wood veneer stars for whenever I need them for a page.


No comments:

Post a Comment