Thursday, March 14, 2013

My {creative} Space!

Have you ever thought about photographing and scrapbooking the rooms in your home?  How about your favorite room...kitchen, tv room, family room?  Or what about your children's rooms or play room?  Photographing rooms in your home is a great way to tell the story of your family and Get It Scrapped! is sharing an article today for Scrapbooking the Rooms in Your Home.






I am so thankful to have a designated Scrapbook area in my home.  I recently rearranged a few things in my scrap area, so I thought it would be the perfect time to take a few photos.  I think the photos you take of the rooms in your home, should be determined by the idea you want to convey on your layout.  If you are looking for an every day approach to your layout, you may want to leave the room as is...meaning, if it's a mess, with laundry, toys, or whatever all over the place, then leave it that way for your photo.  If you are looking to tell a different story, you may want to clean things up a bit, so as not to distract from what you want your photos to say.  There were several things I incorporated into this layout, to pick up the theme of my photos.  First, I knew I wanted to incorporate a lot of bright colors on this page, because when I looked at the photos, that was one of the first things I noticed.  I chose papers and Washi Tapes that would coordinate with the colors in my photos.  I also wanted to use some misting, which is one of my favorite techniques to play around with in my Scrapbook area.  I used the mist with a mask, sprayed a lighter color over the White background, and dropped some darker splatters over the page.  I also wanted to incorporate a lot of the supplies, that I keep in my Scrapbook area, so I used Washi Tape, Baker's Twine, Stickers, Enamel Dots, Flair Buttons, Thickers, Spray Mists, a Mask, my Black Sharpie, and the fun Binder Clip.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park; Spray Mist, Mask, & Butterfly Stickers:  Studio Calico; Washi Tape:  Recollections; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Thickers:  Pebbles & American Crafts; Font:  CK Cool; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Other:  Binder Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment