Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Going Green!

It's March and that means it time for the luck of the Irish and lots of Green!  And even if you don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, you can still have fun incorporating the color Green into your next layout using some of your Love My Tapes Washi Tape!  I added a lot of Green to my layout, by using the Vine patterned Washi Tape from Love My Tapes, Green Patterned Paper from Pebbles Inc., and Chartreuse Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.
  
 




I used the Vine Washi Tape, to create a "shelf" on my layout, which is basically a line or border across your page that doesn't go all the way from end to end, that you use as an anchor for your photos and embellishments.  And, of course, I had to sneak in a little strip of my favorite Washi...the Teal diagonal stripe!!

These photos of our oldest daughter bring back memories of when I was a little girl.  I would sit outside in the clover beds for hours, picking the little white "flowers", making a slit in the stem and then weaving them together to make a "fairy" wreath for my hair.  :)  I just had to snap these photos of her looking through the clovers and it just happened to be a perfect fit for the Green theme.  :)  

And I also took a little inspiration from Dear Lizzy with the flag on this layout.  She has some awesome tissue paper flags with her new lines and I wanted to give it a try with the Gold polka dot vellum paper from American Crafts.  These might be showing up on a lot more future layouts!!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper:  Pebbles Inc., American Crafts, & October Afternoon; Chalkboard Stickers:  Pebbles Inc.; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes & Recollections; Flair Button:  Ormolu; Chipboard Hearts & Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Mini Clothes Pin:  Canvas Corp.; Fonts:  Poornut & Joy Like Sunshine Through My Window Pane (yes, that really is the name of the Font!! HA!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment