Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Time to Tear Things Up!

Have you ever used Tearing on your layouts?...now don't get that confused, with tearing up your layouts!!  I've known some scrappy friends, who have done that very thing, with layouts they weren't pleased with.  I say, just go with it and make it work.  But, back to Tearing.  This is a fun technique you can use, to add some texture and interest to your layouts...and best of all, it's really easy.  Get It Scrapped! is sharing some thoughts on Tearing in today's article.





While out running errands, we found these great barrels in front of the Feed Store, and snapped some cute photos of the kids.  I really loved the rural, farm feel in these photos, created by the barrels and the red from the aluminum building.  This led me to chose the cute Farm Girl collection from October Afternoon, and I wanted to tear the edge of a few of the papers to create a rustic look on the page.  When I tear the edge of the paper, I like to tear some of the paper forward and some back.  This creates two different edges on the tear.  When you tear the paper forward, it will pull more of the color away and reveal the White paper in the center.  Tearing towards the back, keeps the paper from pulling the color away.  Once I finish tearing and adhere my paper to the page, I like to roll and tear the edges a little more for added texture.  If you wanted to take your tearing one more step further, it's fun to add inking to the edges for added dimension.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Buttons, Brads, Stickers, Chipboard:  October Afternoon; Modeling Paste:  Liquitex; Chevron Mask:  The Crafter's Workshop; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold & Pacifico; Flair Button:  Bluebirdchic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment