Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Write Stuff

Some of us have a love/hate relationship with Journaling on our layouts.  Whether you are on the love side or the hate side, I think it is still an important part of our memory keeping.  I am somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.  Most of the time, I like to add a little journaling somewhere on the page, but a lot of times I find it hard to fit the "story" in the spot I reserve for my journaling.  And I am not a big journaler, meaning I don't like to use a lot of space on my layouts to journal.  So yes, it can cause distress sometimes when I am putting the memory behind my layout into words.  If you're facing journaling questions or looking for some new ideas to update your journaling, come over and check out the article today at Get It Scrapped! on Journaling as an Important Design Element.  Here's a look at what I decided to do for this assignment:





YIKES, a self photo!!  :)  I am usually behind the camera, not in front of it, but I snapped this photo for the last day in January for the Photo a Day challenge.  I used the Cameo cut file, to create a spot for my journaling, to create visual interest and draw the eye to the journaling.  The cut file brings the arrows towards the target area in the center, so I thought it would work well as the spot for my journaling.  Once I cut the arrow background, I created a smaller oval shape to cut on the Cameo.  I decided just to add my handwriting to the journaling spot, for a more personal touch, rather than do printed journaling.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons & Bluebirdchic.com; Fonts:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold & Bickley Script; Brads:  October Afternoon; Punches:  EK Success & Marvy; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Silhouette File: Kinsey Wilson; Other:  Stick Pins


No comments:

Post a Comment