Wednesday, May 22, 2013

All That Glitters Is Gold

I am sure you have noticed the trend of Gold, that has been appearing in the crafty world lately.  You can find Gold Thickers, embellisments, mists, and papers almost everywhere you look.  If you are looking to find out more about this trend, come over to the Get It Scrapped! Blog and see how the Creative Team members took on this assignment.





We decided to make a visit to the beach, when the temperatures started to get a little warmer.  I wanted to create a Nautical feel to my page, since our daughter was wearing a Navy colored shirt and because we were at the beach.  What I think of as a traditional Nautical color scheme popped in my head...Navy, White, Red, and Gold.  I had been saving (hoarding) the Gold Polka Dot vellum paper from Crate Paper and knew it would work perfectly with this photo and color scheme.  I also wanted a touch of Gold in my title, but I didn't have any Gold letters or alphas. I found the Bliss Thickers from American Crafts in my stash and misted over them with Gold Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.  It created the exact effect I was looking for.  I finished off my page, by adding some flecks of the Gold Color Shine in the background and scattered some Gold sequins across the layout.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Rub Ons, Clothespin:  Dear Lizzy; Bits:  Amy Tangerine; Gold Vellum Paper:  Crate Paper; Flair Button & Mini Bag:  Fancy Pants; Thickers:  American Crafts; Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Other:  Shipping Tag & Sequins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment