Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trendy Motifs: Mosaic

Have you been over to the Get It Scrapped! Blog today?  The Creative Team is sharing layouts based on the Trendy Motif:  Mosaics.  Make sure you go over to take a look at what they did and here is a look at what I did for the assignment:





The kids love riding their bikes and I snapped this photo of our little boy, as we were getting ready to take them for a bike ride.  I went back and forth for a while, on what I wanted to do with the Mosaic assignment.  When I saw a sketch from Creative Scrappers, I really loved the band design behind the photo and thought it would be great for working in a Mosaic pattern.  I looked for inspiration for Mosaics on Pinterest and found this fun image.  It reminded me of the Echo Park A Boy's Life collection, with all of the different colors and patterns.  Instead of using a uniform size for my squares, I used 1 inch, 1.5 inch, and 2 inch.  Once I had all of my squares for the Mosaic pattern in place, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a small rounded edge square pattern, that I could overlay on some of the patterned paper squares, for some added interest and contrast.


Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park; Enamel Dots, Brad, & Washi Tape:  My Mind's Eye; Thickers & Embossing Powder:  American Crafts; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold; Acrylic Stamp & Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Ink:  Stampin' Up; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Sketch:  Creative Scrappers

No comments:

Post a Comment