Monday, May 20, 2013

Magic Moments

Thursdays have become my stalking day for the Elle's Studio Blog, since they post a new Sketch for the Sketch Thursday challenge.  I am having so much fun playing along with the Sketches each week.  I really loved the new Sketch posted on 5/16/13, and had the chance to create a layout for it over the weekend.




  
The Serendipity collection worked perfectly with my photos...and I am sad to say, that I am already down to only two sheets of paper from this line.  I see re-ordering in my future!!  I changed up the Sketch a little bit, by adding two photos, instead of the one.  But the overall design is still the same.  I added mist drops using Heidi Swapp's Mustard Color Shine and October Afternoon's Pink Balloon Sprinklers.  I wanted to use the mist drops to mimic the look of bubbles on my layout.  And I also thought it would be fun to add the stitched Asterik shapes, because it reminded me of popping bubbles!

And just a little info on the Vellum flower:  I cut 3 varied size circles, the largest being 2.5 inches, on my Cameo.  Then I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors around the edges of all 3 circles.  After the 3 circles were layered together, I used the end piece off of one of the Little Yellow Bicycle Stick Pins, for the center of my flower.

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a great Monday!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Pennants, Tabs, & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Stick Pin:  Little Yellow Bicycle; Spray Mist:  Heidi Swapp & October Afternoon; Acrylic Stamps:  Heidi Swapp; Ink:  Stampin' Up; Vellum:  Fynmark; Letter Stickers:  Jillibean Soup; Other: Sequins & Embroidery Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment