Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Style Switch

I have a layout to share today, for the 5/23/13 Sketch Thursday challenge at Elle's Studio.  I decided to take a different style approach on this layout, that goes outside of my norm.  Most of my pages are usually filled with a lot of different patterned papers and some type of misting.  For this layout, I decided to take a more clean approach and keep my papers and embellishments clustered and following the basic design of the Sketch.





 

I really loved this fun Sketch and the use of the Triangles.  It's based on an adorable layout by Martha Bonneua, who is one of the Elle's Studio DT members.  I definitely wanted to keep the Triangles from the Sketch and normally would be very anal about having perfect shapes, which would mean using my Cameo to cut them.  But I decided to free hand it and just cut my own Triangle shapes from patterned paper and I also used some of the backing in the Elle's packaging.

This type of style/design is definitely different for me and I looked at this page several times after it was finished and thought to myself, "should I add this or that??!!"  But in the end, I decided to keep it just the way it was.  It can be fun to take a step outside of your normal comfort zone and do something that's not your typical style.  One of the best ways to try this, is by finding a designer you love, that doesn't do the same type of layouts you do and find inspiration from their page to create your own.  And it can be a great way to refresh your creativity, if you're feeling like your mojo has gone on vacation!!  :)

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Freckled Fawn & Studio Calico; Thickers:  American Crafts:  Washi Tape;  SMASH; Chevron Cut File:  Two Peas in a Bucket  

No comments:

Post a Comment