Friday, May 10, 2013

NSD Continues

Even though National Scrapbook Day has come and gone, the challenges are still open at several sites.  I am still plugging away at the challenges at Two Peas and so far, I've managed to complete 6 of the 10.  I don't know if I will get the other 4 finished by the Sunday deadline, but we shall see!!  But I wanted to pop in, and share 3 of the newest pages I've completed since Monday.

NSD Challenge #3:  Your Scrappy Tool Belt




 
Sorry for the not so great photo of this layout.  It's already dark here, but I wanted to go ahead and get a pic of it and add it into this post...but I'm sure my OCD will cause me to retake it tomorrow in natural light!!

This challenge consisted of using at least 5 tools on your layout.  I used:

1.  My Cameo (die cut machine) to cut the Triangle pattern on my background paper.
2.  Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors to create the fun Vellum flower.
3.  Anna Griffin heart punch to create the heart border at the bottom of my Triangle pattern.
4.  Paper Piercer to punch the holes for the stitching on my large heart.
5.  Sizzix Big Shot for adding embossing to the Vellum hearts.

Products Used:  Patterned Paper:  American Crafts & Studio Calico; Tags:  Chic Tags; Flair Button & Triangle Die Cut:  The Paper Bakery; Thickers, Date Stamp & Bow:  American Crafts; Buttons:  October Afternoon; Punch:  Anna Griffin & Marvy; Vellum:  Fynmark

NSD Challenge #5:  Down with Downloads




So good news and bad news...Two Peas is now offering digital cut files in their shop.  Good news (obviously), because who doesn't love a good cut file...bad news for our wallets!  :)  This challenge asked that you use some of the new cut files and I chose the Arrows file.  It has several cute shapes and I used two different ones...the little Triangles below my photo...negative and positive shapes...and the Chevron arrow at the top of the page.

I also incorporated the Challenge Sunday for Chic Tags on this layout:  Using Mist.  I am loving the cute tags Veronica has in the shop...and since I received a huge pack of them in the mail this week, I have plenty to keep me busy for a while!

Products Used:  Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon & American Crafts;  Vellum:  American Crafts; Tag:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Mini Market Stickers, Buttons & Sprinklers:  October Afternoon; Lace Tape:  Love My Tapes; Pearls:  Recollections; Cardstock:  Bazzill

NSD Challenge #2:  Member Based Sketch






 
This was a fun challenge, and I love the Sketch created from Dani T's layout in the Two Peas Gallery.  I stuck fairly close to the design of the sketch, with my major change being the banner piece added in place of the journaling.  I added my journaling to a shipping tag and placed it in one of the Decorative Bags from Fancy Pants.

Products Used:  Patterned Paper, Flair Button & Decorative Bag:  Fancy Pants; Vellum:  Fynmark; Letter Stickers:  Jillibean Soup; Wood Veneers:  Freckled Fawn & Studio Calico; Button:  October Afternoon:  Phrase Stamp:  Dear Lizzy; Font: Pacifico; Other:  Twine & Shipping Tag

Thanks for taking the time to stop in and make sure you're here next week, because I'll have reveals for Let's Get Sketchy, The Paper Bakery, and Get It Scrapped!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment