Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Got Flair?

Flair buttons/badges are really popular right now!  They are great for adding dimension to your layouts and you just have to love the cute images and patterns included on them.  Today at Get It Scrapped!, the Creative Team is sharing layouts using Flair Buttons, and I just had to get in on this assignment!  Here is what I created using Flair:







We love to visit the Fair every year, and this was the first time that all three kids were just the right height to ride the kiddie rides.  The Midway collection from October Afternoon, is perfect for Fair photos and the collection also includes fun Tin Pins (Flair Buttons) that coordinate with the line.  I wanted to incorporate several of the Flair Buttons to add a three dimensional look to my layout, without adding a lot of bulk.  I used the Flair Buttons in my design, by creating a visual triangle and by using one Flair Button as the center of my circle embellishment and one in the banner below my photo.  This visual triangle helps to guide your eye from the top of my layout, to the journaling, and then to the title of the page.

If you are interested in picking up some Flair Buttons, but don't know where to get started, here's a list of my favorites:

The Paper Bakery
BossyJoscie
PandaEightDesigns
A Flair for Buttons
Ormolu
and October Afternoon Tin Pins

 
Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Buttons, Tin Pins, Designer Brads, Alpha Stickers, Miscellany, Mini Market Stickers & Journal Cards:  October Afternoon; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Pacifico

No comments:

Post a Comment