Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Calm, Cool & Collected

I have been waiting a while, for today's Get It Scrapped! article, Inspired by Storefronts.  When I first saw this as one of the assignments, I was a little worried about interpreting what I would do on my page.  Then when I started looking through some store front images, I found the perfect one and went right to work!  And here are some great ideas to take with you, when looking at any image for inspiration:

1.  Use embellishments on your layout such as, wood, metal, or soft embellishments to mimic what is captured in the photo.

2.  Use texture or graphics on your layout, that may be inspired by what is in the inspiration image.

3.  Use the color scheme that is represented in the inspiration image.

I chose to use the 3rd as inspiration for my layout.




  


Candid shots are great for telling the stories in your children's lives, but sometimes it's nice, to get those posed shots.  They are the ones you can look back on and see how much your child has grown from year to year.  When beginning this assignment, I didn't have an inspiration point in mind, when I was looking through different Store Fronts.  But as soon as I came across this Photo, I knew immediately that I wanted to work with this amazing color scheme.  I loved the calming feel created by the Teal, Wood Grain, and Black in the photo, and there was just a touch of juxtaposition with the addition of the Yellow.  The papers I chose to work with for this color scheme, are from the Glitz Design Uncharted Waters collection, but I was able to use them out of the Nautical themed context, by using everyday embellishments.

For more information on using Store Fronts as inspiration, make sure to visit Get It Scrapped!, and see what the other Creative Team members did for this assignment.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Paper Garland:  Glitz Design; Patterned Paper & Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Buttons:  The Paper Bakery; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Memory File Stamps:  Heidi Swapp; Hello Wood Veneer:  Freckled Fawn; Washi Tape:  Pebbles; Thickers:  American Crafts:  Fonts:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold & Pacifico
 

No comments:

Post a Comment