Monday, May 6, 2013

NSD...So Far!

WOW!!  It's been a busy weekend...if you're a scrapbooker (which you probably are, since you're visiting my Blog), I'm sure you know that May 4th was National Scrapbook Day.  How cool is it that us Scrapbookers, have our own holiday??!!  I managed to squeeze in a few challenges on Saturday, by playing along with Two Peas.  Sunday was a bust, because our day consisted of Church, lunch, getting two girls ready for their Ballet recital, attending said Ballet recital,  having dinner with the grandparents, and then seeing Iron Man 3 to finish off the night...so I guess I should say, it was a bust as far as Scrapbooking went.  But I thought it would be fun to share the pages, I finished on Saturday, and I'll keep the descriptions brief, since I'll be sharing a few layouts.

Two Peas NSD Challenge #1:  Focus on Photos




 
Two Peas NSD Challenge #7:  Be Inspired By a Garden Girl




I chose Laura (justlulu) for my Garden Girl inspiration.  I really loved the way she used bold colors and patterns on her layout, and mixed the different photo sizes.

Two Peas NSD Challenge #6:  Scrap This List (Recipe Challenge)




 
I used all of the items from the list and added Flair Buttons (PandaEightDesigns and The Paper Bakery) and wood veneers as my favorite embellishments.

And, before I go, I have one more page to share, that I created for last week's Sunday challenge at Chic Tags.  I was able to squeeze it in at the last minute and I loved playing with the Road Trip tags and the new Hipster collection from Basic Grey.  They made a perfect pair!!




 
If you frequent my Blog, you may have noticed I made a few changes to the look.  Nothing too dramatic...I kept the basic color scheme and design, but wanted to clean up my header a little bit.  I also widened the margins of my Blog, which allows me to make the photos that I share a little larger.  Hope you like the changes...and thanks to Julie Tucker-Woleck for noticing and commenting on my post for the new Paper Issues theme, yesterday!!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment