Monday, August 26, 2013

Beach Bums

Today, Team B is up with a new reveal for this week's Sketch at Let's Get Sketchy!  I feel like I have had a ton of Summer layouts this year, but I just can't resist using all of the fun Summer and Nautical collections that are out there.  I loved the photo on this layout, even though the kids "posing" didn't really turn out the way I had envisioned it...which it rarely does!  But I love the sky, water, and sand in the background and each of the kids kind of doing the opposite of what they were actually supposed to be doing!!  :)






I kept the basic design of the Sketch for my layout, but I changed up the banner in the top left corner, by creating a sunshine and clouds cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  It's good to remember, that you can use Sketches exactly as they are or as a starting point.  And sometimes it's fun to change up the design elements of the Sketch, to create your own unique look.

I hope you will come play along with us this week and that you will stop by the Let's Get Sketchy Blog to see what the Design Team did with this week's Sketch!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper & Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Stitching Templates & Wood Veneer Card:  Amy Tangerine; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold; Other:  Shipping Tag



No comments:

Post a Comment