Saturday, August 17, 2013

Clear Scraps | Pool Side Cutie

I am back today, to share my final project for the August Guest Designer spot at Clear Scraps.  I created a layout, using the Bo Bunny Key Lime collection that I received in this month's Kit.   I really loved all of the fun colors and patterns in this collection and it works perfectly with all of the Summer photos I've been taking this year!

All three of our kids took swim lessons earlier in July, and I snapped this photo of our oldest, sitting pool side, waiting for instructions from her teacher.  I knew the Bo Bunny papers would look great with this photo, so I started my layout by cutting circles on White Cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo.



Once the circles finished cutting, I layered the White Cardstock over the fun splash patterned paper from the collection and then I placed two other patterned papers behind several of the circles.  I also used some of the flowers included with the Kit and layered the Yellow and Blue pieces and added them to the center of the cut circles.  Since the background was the show piece of the layout, I kept all of the other embellishing to a minimum, by just adding a couple of clusters near my photo.





Next time you are working on a layout, look for different ways to use your patterned paper!  I really love using all patterns on my layouts, but sometimes mixing in a solid like the White Cardstock, can give you new inspiration for creating on your layouts.

I would also like to say a big thanks to Clear Scraps for inviting me to Guest Design this month.  Make sure you stop by their Blog to see the amazing projects created by their Design Team!


No comments:

Post a Comment