Sunday, August 11, 2013

Project Paper Bakery

Happy weekend everyone!  I am here to share what I've been doing with the Project Kit for the month of August!  This month's Kit has an amazing 6x9 album from Pink Paislee, along with some papers from the Pink Paislee Portfolio collection and papers and a Miscellany pack from the October Afternoon Travel Girl collection.  This album could be used with any photos, but I chose to use mine for photos of our last visit to Disney World.  Here's a look at what I did with the front cover of the album:


The color of the front of the album is a solid kraft color and there is a raised Chevron pattern on the cover.  I wanted to make the pattern stand out, so I sprayed some Mustard Color Shine on a paper towel and rubbed the color over the Chevron pattern to get the effect I wanted.  Then I layered some of the pieces from the OA Miscellany pack and used the fun wood grain Thickers for the title of my album.

The page protectors have several different sizes, including:  4x3, 4x6, 2x3, and 3x3.  If you enjoy Pocket Scrapbooking, then I am sure you are familiar with this format in the album.  I have to admit, that I find this format a little intimidating, but this album was really easy to use and you can make it as simple or as advanced as you would like.  I decided to keep my spreads a little more on the simple side, since this is a format that I don't use a lot.




It was fun adding in all of the different patterned papers and embellishments with my photos, and I still have a ton of page protectors to finish out the photos from the rest of our trip!  And one more thing I really love about the album, is the page dividers that are included.  These are great for extra journaling or adding and storing memorabilia.


I used the page divider to add several pieces from our trip.  I love that Driver's License Card, because our now 7 year old wrote her name on there all by herself, when she was 5.  Such a great piece of memorabilia to add to my album!

If you would like to purchase this month's Project Kit, make sure you stop by the Shop to make your purchase.  You can also sign up for a monthly Subscription, which gets you a guaranteed Kit each month!


No comments:

Post a Comment