Saturday, August 10, 2013

Clear Scraps | You're a Card

I'm back to share two cards with you, for this month's Guest Designer spot at Clear Scraps.  I only recently started making cards earlier this year, but once I got started, I found that I really enjoyed it.  And card making is a great way to use scrap pieces from your other projects, when you just can't bring yourself to get rid of those left over pieces of paper.

My first card uses one of the pieces I cut from one of the Bo Bunny papers for my sentiment...Sun Your Buns.  I also cut some of the Chevron pieces from the full 12x12 sheet, and adhered them to the background of my card.  I finished this one off by stitching around the sentiment and adding one of the Yellow flowers from the Kit, with a button center.

 
For the second card, I used the cute Sun image from the Bo Bunny papers, with the sentiment, You Are My Sunshine.  I layered an embossed piece of patterned paper behind the Sun image and then I used some sequins from my stash to add a fun touch to the rays of the Sun.  I finished it off, by tying some baker's twine around the card and adding one of those cute starfish to the center of the twine.






So whether you are an experienced card maker or you are just starting out, I hope you will find fun ways to incorporate your scrap pieces into your next card!  And look for those little embellishments that add just the right touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment