Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Little Lady

I'm not sure how it is in most regions of the US, but if you live in the South, chances are you have something (or many things) that has a Monogram on it.  Today, the CT at Get It Scrapped! is sharing ideas for using Monograms on your layouts.  For this layout, I used a large Monogram in the design of my page.




 
Our daughter attended a Birthday Tea Party, and we got each of the girls to pose for a photo in a Victorian chair.  I thought this photo would be perfect for the Monogram technique, and it is an element that I haven't tried before on my layouts.  I went with the standard concept of a Monogram, but amped it up a little bit, by adding a subtle patterned paper behind the large "H" that I cut on my Cameo.  I used Vellum covered with Washi Tape for the two smaller Initials and cut those separately on the Cameo and placed them on the left and right sides of the larger initial.

If you are looking for more ways to use Monograms on your layouts or projects, make sure you stop by the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see more inspiration from the Creative Team.

Supplies - Patterned Paper:  American Crafts & Crate Paper; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Washi Tape & Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Rub Ons:  Dear Lizzy; Wood Veneers: Freckled Fawn; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Font:  Pacifico


No comments:

Post a Comment