Thursday, August 15, 2013

ScrapStuffz Guest Designer

My fellow scrappy friend, Stacia, recently launched a new challenge Blog, ScrapStuffz.  She asked me if I would like to Guest Design, using the inspiration image for this month and I had a great time creating my layout, based on the inspiration photo.  The Design Team has also been using the inspiration image to create some amazing reveals, so make sure you stop by the ScrapStuffz Blog, to check them out.






My family recently took a day trip to the Beach, and when I received the inspiration photo for this challenge, I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use.  I decided to use the inspiration photo for an overall look to my layout.  I loved the different colors from the Beach chairs, so even though I didn't use the exact colors, I used the idea of different colors by using the diagonal striped paper around the edge of my layout and by also adding several different colored hexagon shapes.  I created my own beach scene, by adding some wave shapes cut on the Silhouette Cameo.  And I wanted to have something to mimic the sand from the photo, so I cut a piece of wood grain paper from Crate Paper's The Pier collection and then adhered small wood grain and light pink sequins for texture.

I also used some inspiration from Sherri Funk and Malika Kelly, by cutting that Sunshine cut file in the background of my paper.  The cut file is a freebie from Chic Tags and both Sherri and Malika, have used it in such fun ways on their layouts, I knew I had to give it a try too!!

Make sure you visit the ScrapStuffz Blog for more details on playing along with the challenge and to link up your layout!

Supplies:   Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper & Studio Calico; Wood Veneers, Vellum Pieces & Sequins:  Studio Calico; Cut FIle:  Chic Tags; Stamp:  The Paper Bakery; Thickers:  American Crafts:  Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon; Stick Pin:  Little Yellow Bicycle


No comments:

Post a Comment